As bodyworkers, our self care can easily drop to the bottom of the priority list. We can often feel burn out and resentment creep in when we least expect it. Sustainability in our lives and career is possible when we learn to strengthen our relationship to the autonomic nervous system. Learn how to restore and balance the body's nervous system every day, not just on vacation, and increase your capacity for vitality and strength.
What you will learn in this course:
· Restorative postures and breathing techniques to tone and strengthen the parasympathetic nervous system
· The anatomy of stress, anxiety, and the vagus nerve
· To identify how stress manifests in the body and how ease is sensed physiologically
· Techniques to tonify the fluid system, give structural integrity through the skeletal system, and find space through awareness of energetic boundaries
· The physiology of how our body’s systems work together to store and release energy
A little about the modality:
This class teaches an embodied approach to how stress, anxiety, and imbalance manifest in the body and provides tools to understand how to shift these sensations into strength and resilience. The course will include restorative yoga, breath exercise, meditation, and vagus nerve strengthening exercises. Discussion and lecture will be used to understand the anatomy and physiology of the nervous system. Participants will leave with an individually crafted plan to implement these techniques into every day life.
7 Credit Hours of NCBTMB offered
8 Credit Hours of SOBI offered
Class Held at The Center for Massage and Natural Health
-for details and to register: https://www.centerformassage.com/